Member of the Paris bar since 2019, Marie Auger is an associate of the Kern & Weyl law firm and Consultant to CastaldiPartners as part of the Intellectual Property Alliance. Marie Auger assists French and foreign companies, both as a counsel and as a litigator, in the areas of trademarks, patents, designs and models, copyright, as well as personal data and unfair and parasitic competition.
Marie Auger has a degree in Applied foreign languages (Langues Étrangères Appliquées - LEA) in English and Italian, and has obtained a post graduate degree in Intellectual Property law and New Technologies. Before joining Kern & Weyl in 2018, Marie gained professional experience within law firms in France and abroad, as well as in the IP department of a luxury perfume brand.
More specifically, Marie Auger assists Intellectual Property rights owners on infringement actions. She is also involved in anti-counterfeiting, assists IP rights owners on customs detention procedures and works in cooperation with local authorities (customs, police). She works in French, English and Italian.
- Defending an important fashion US brand in the course of its anti-counterfeiting program in France.
- Defending a US company in the course of a patent litigation regarding an innovating patented system of glasses.
- Advising a US company specialized in virtual reality technologies regarding its compliance with GDRP
- Co-author « Intellectual Property accross the borders», Editions Larcier, 2019, under the direction of Amélie Favreau.
- « Competition law and attempt to restore the monopoly resulting from the intellectual property rights after the expiry of such rights» a thesis dealing with the interaction of intellectual property rights and competition law.
- Université Grenoble-Alpes, Master 2 spécialisé en Droit de la propriété intellectuelle et des Nouvelles technologies, 2011-2016
- Université Stendhal Grenoble-Alpes, LEA Langues Etrangères Appliquées anglais et italien, 2011-2014