Lawyer admitted to the Paris and New York Bars, Sandra Esquiva-Hesse advises predominantly on distressed M&A, corporate & debt restructuring and insolvency. A Consultant of CastaldiPartners, Sandra Esquiva-Hesse advises companies, businessmen and investors in relation to corporate, finance, structured finance and restructuring (carve-out, sale of the activities ) and represents them in associated litigation and afférents. She has extensive experience of multinational transactions and litigation, Sandra Esquiva-Hesse is a partner at FTPA, a law firm independent of CastaldiPartners.
Former partner at Paul Hastings, Sandra Esquiva-Hesse in 2006 set up and headed their Finance & Restructuring practice in their Paris office. Prior to that she was counsel at the Paris office of Clifford Chance, having started her career in Wall Street where between 1997 and 2002 she worked in the Bank Finance & Bankruptcy department of Shearman & Sterling, New York. Today she advises her clients on corporate transactions, finance, restructuring, as well as preventative and collective procedures. See assists her clients in international and intercultural transactions particularly where there is an anglo-French dimension and especially in relation to private equity or quasi equity and debt operations. In October 2010, Sandra Esquiva – Hesse was placed second in the Financial Times « Most Innovative Lawyers of the Year» list.
- Advising an American side of a group in the closure of an industrial site in continental Europe whilst at the same time ensuring the continuation of deliveries from other parts of the group.
- Advising a waste recycling group in relation to its restructuring and preparing and coordinating 13 separated judicial procedures of restructuring, each with a 4 month duration and successfully incorporating 13 continuity plans.
- Assisting a family office, the majority shareholder of a group in the media in restructuring, advising the family office with respect to its other shareholders and their representatives in the governance of the restructuring group.
- Advising a private equity fund, shareholder of a retail group, in relation to debt restructuring.
- Advising a family office and US private equity funds in the acquisition of a European aircraft corporation for a nominal value and without asset or liability guarantees and in relation to EU Régulation n.216/2008 and 965/2012 & Foreign Investment Control.
- Assistance in acquiring and restructuring of a subsidiary of an airline by a consortium of private investors and former executives of European airline companies (plan de sauvegarde).
- Advising a family company - 3rd generation of operators of an industrial site in in the agri-food sector, for the restructuring and the sale of the activities.
- Advising an EPIC in the railway industry regarding cross border collective proceedings (Italy and France) affecting one of its major subcontractors.
- Advising a major player in the railway subcontracting (since 2006) on its plan de sauvegarde and the implementation of successive restructurings.
- Advising an international family office in connection with an offer to revive the Necotrans group and in particular its interest in francophone Africa.
- Sandra Esquiva-Hesse is regularly invited to speak at international professional conferences. She participates twice a year in the teaching of students enrolled in the HEC Entrepreneurs programme dedicated to restructuring. For the last 15 years she has given two courses a year at First Finance to professionals and finance managers on debt risk management. For the last 15 years she has been recommended in the excellence category of various professional directories (Chambers, Legal 500/1000, IFLR, Who’s Who, Who’s Who Legal, Décideurs, ODA).
Pro Bono Activities
- Board Trustee of Hertford British Hospital Charity, founded by Sir Richard Wallac.
- Co-founder and Vice-President of the French branch of International Women Forum.
- Member of various professional associations, ABA, ARE, IFPPC, AFFIC, IWIRC.
- Columbia Law School
- Università degli Studi di Bologna
- Université Paris-I Panthéon Sorbonne