Avocate au Barreau de Paris, Priscille Pedone has been Consultant to CastaldiPartners since 2008, while also working privately in her own practice. She advises and represents French and foreign companies in arbitration, state litigation and mediation, as advisor, lawyer in mediation or arbitrator (CAIP, ICC or ad hoc).
Drawing on her experience, Priscille Pedone represents and guides clients faced with litigation before (civil, commercial or administrative; French and European Union) judicial authorities, (ad hoc or institutional) arbitration authority and in mediation and conciliation.
In addition to intellectual property (trademarks, counterfeiting), her preferred legal field is litigation relating to the enforcement and annulment of arbitral awards, as well as cross-border disputes, whether they relate to the jurisdiction of the court seized, the breakdown of negotiations or commercial relations, unfair competition, product liability or any other breach of contractual obligations. Her working languages are English, French and Italian.
- French or European mediation or state litigation: • Representing some Italian fashion companies in France (infringement proceedings) and some automotive companies in France (after-sales service, bank guarantees, insolvency proceedings, concessions, counterfeiting, parallel networks and free riding). • Representing a French-Spanish energy company in France (proceedings for breach of contract, construction, expert opinions). • Representing an Italian furniture company in the context of a conflict with a French agent. • Representing an Italian company in the food sector in the context of a conflict with a Spanish company. • Representing an Italian intermediary company in the context of a dispute over a French-American-Iranian sales contract. • Representing an Italian company: CJEU (first chamber) on 7 February 2013. (C-543/10) Judicial cooperation in civil matters - Jurisdiction in civil and commercial matters - (EC) Regulation No. 44/2001 - Interpretation of Article 23 - Jurisdiction clause in a contract concluded between the manufacturer and the initial purchaser of an object - Contract forming part of a chain of contracts transferring ownership - Opposability of that clause against the sub-purchaser of the object.
- Litigation & Arbitration: As regards actions for annulment - Exequatur • Representing a foreign Consortium in an action for annulment of an arbitration award rendered in France pursuant to Egyptian law. • Representing a French-Italian Consortium in an action for annulment of an arbitration award rendered in France (three proceedings before the Court of Appeal of Paris and the State Council). As an advisor • Representing a French-Italian Consortium in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of an LNG terminal. • Representing a French-Italian consortium vs. an Algerian company in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of a gas pipeline. As an arbitrator (institutional or ad hoc, co-arbitrator, sole arbitrator or chairperson) • In the three languages French, Italian and English in various sectors (food, fashion, commercial agency, licence).
- Innovation & Médiation : Un duo d’avenir, organized by the Chambre Arbitrale Internationale de Paris (CAIP) and the Association des Conseils en Propriété Industrielle (Paris, 19 June 2018).
- Vers un droit uniforme de l’arbitrage international, seminar « Vers un droit mondialisé de l’arbitrage ? » organized by the Chambre Arbitrale Internationale de Paris (CAIP) in collaboration with the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), Université Paris Nanterre, Centre de droit international de Nanterre (CEDIN) and Comité Français de l’Arbitrage (CFA), (Nanterre, 20 April 2017).
- Impugnazione e revisione del lodo arbitrale, Terzo rapporto annuale sull’arbitrato, organized by the Corte nazionale arbitrale di Roma (Roma, 27 May 2016).
- La médiatisation de l’arbitrage organized by the Master Arbitrage et Commerce International (MACI) directed by Thomas Clay, in collaboration with the Association Française d’Arbitrage (AFA) and the support of the Arbitration Commission of the Paris Bar (Paris, 24 June 2015).
- Editorial secretary since its inception of the Cahiers de l’arbitrage - Paris Journal of international arbitration, created with A. Mourre and the collaboration of S. Lazareff, now supported by Charles Kaplan and Philippe Pinsolle as co-directors and a whole editorial board.
- She regularly writes articles on arbitration, mediation or breakdown of commercial relations in French, Italian or English and gives conferences in France and Italy on these topics.
- Author since its inception of Panorama de jurisprudence française (published 4 times a year in each issue of the Cahiers de l’arbitrage – Paris Journal of International Arbitration).
- Mediation in corporate disputes in France, in: ECL Special Issue on Mediation in Corporate Disputes, Vol. 14 issue 2, 2017.
- La revisione o appello del lodo, l’esperienza francese, Quaderni della Corte Nazionale Arbitrale, Terzo Rapporto annuale, Pacini Giuridica, 2016.
- Clause compromissoire et droit de l’Union. Une nouvelle étape en faveur du consommateur, (CJEC, 6 October 2009, C-40/08, Asturcom Telecomunicaciones SL c/ Cristina Rodrıguez Nogueira) co-author, Cahiers de l’arbitrage 2010-2.
- Journal du Droit International (Clunet), 2005/2, Note sur l’arrêt Paris, 7 October 2004, Otor vs. Carlyle, co-author.
- Since 2014 Priscille has taught mediation in the Master’s degree 2 course in International litigation law of the Université de Poitiers, within the course held by Prof. Antonio Musella.
- Camera Arbitrale di Milano, Corso mediatore.
- Ecole de la médiation du Barreau de Paris.
- CMAP Paris.
- Université Paris X Nanterre.