Avvocato in Vicenza, Roberto Santoro is mainly involved in commercial, industrial and corporate litigation issues, Corporate & Commercial and M&A.
Consultant to CastaldiPartners, Roberto Santoro is a founder partner of DFA, a law firm based in Vicenza, Milan and Brussels, which is independent from CastaldiPartners although linked by a collaborative relationship, which is over twenty years old.
His university education and initiation to the profession took place in Padua with a prestigious law firm, a leader in Veneto region in international commercial law. After qualification, Roberto Santoro completed his specialization as an international corporate lawyer by attending the annual course organized by Luiss Guido Carli in Rome, where he had been working for one year. He then moved to Milan, where he joined Pirola Pennuto Zei & Associati and later founded the law firm DFA in Vicenza in 1998.
- Assisting an Italian steel and iron group in the acquisition of a plant in India.
- Assisting a European bank in a corporate dispute with other Italian banks.
- Assisting a number of Veneto companies in the fields of mechanics, electronics, plastics, services, and internationalization processes.
- Defending a European fashion brand and an Italian electronics company in product liability disputes.
- Assisting a steel and iron company in the negotiation of consortium agreements on major European projects.
- Assisting an Italian group in negotiating joint-ventures with foreign investors for the development of organic production supported by Invitalia.
- Assisting an Italian SME in the financing process by issuing minibonds with specialized international funds.
- Assisting some Venetian companies in preventive arrangements with creditors.
- Assisting Venetian companies and entrepreneurs in the mechanical, electronics and fashion sectors in the sale of participations to foreign investors and in drawing up the related shareholders’ agreements.
- Defending some Venetian companies in the fields of plastics, video-distribution, bioenergy, refrigeration, medical media in patent litigation, domain grabbing and trademark protection.
- Defending some Venetian organizations and companies in disputes concerning unfair competition.
- Defending Italian companies against the unfair calling of bank guarantees.
- He regularly participates in meetings and conferences on product liability (including insurance risks and risk management) and international contracts. He published “L’abuso di potere della maggioranza nelle delibere societarie di adeguamento alla riforma” in Giurisprudenza Commerciale 2007 and “Garanzie Bancarie a prima richiesta la ‘prova liquida’, le incertezze della giurisprudenza l’autonomia a rischio” in Foro Padano 1996.
- Università agli Studi di Padova.
- Luiss, Roma.