An Italian Avvocato and member of the Paris Bar, Sarah Barutti is Co-Head of the Employment practice at CastaldiPartners and has been practising for over ten years in the field of labour and European employment law. Sarah assists companies both in labour law litigation and in the management of employee relations issues, providing advice and training in both Italy and France.
Before joining CastaldiPartners, Sarah Barutti worked in law firms specializing in labour law, assisting large groups and SMEs. Drawing on her international professional specialization and international academic background, including traineeships in Bordeaux, Seville and Brussels, she advises on issues related to the international mobility and secondment. She collaborates with CastaldiPartners’ Corporate & Commercial and M&A work groups as regards the labour aspects of transactions. Her working languages are Italian, French, English and Spanish.
- Assisting a French logistics group with the employment aspects of the acquisition of two Italian companies.
- Assisting an Italian medical device manufacturing group in dismissing the country manager of its French subsidiary.
- Defending an Italian fashion company in a labour dispute.
- Assisting a French energy group in the secondment of personnel to African countries.
- Assisting an Italian medical device manufacturing group in managing the non-competition agreements for the employees of its French subsidiary.
- Assisting an Italian metalworking and mechanical engineering company in recruiting French nationality employees under a smart working scheme.
- Assisting a Greek group in insourcing the Food & Beverage service of its Italian subsidiary.
- Assisting a French industrial group in making a manager of its Italian subsidiary redundant.
- Speaker at several seminars and conferences on dismissal, employment relationship management and international worker mobility organized by Universities, professional associations and training companies.
- Participation in research projects and groups, including with foreign universities and research bodies, on the cross-border posting of workers, social rights and freedom to provide services.
- Author of several publications on labour law and European social law.
- Sarah collaborates with the Chair of Labour Law and European Labour Law of the Università di Ferrara and she is contract lecturer at the course on Legal Clinics.
- Università di Ferrara, 2011-2013, postdoctoral researcher in Labour Law.
- Università di Ferrara, Universidad del País Vasco and Université catholique de Louvain, 2011, PhD in EU law and comparative labour law and Doctor Europaeus.
- Università di Ferrara, 2005, Degree in Law