An Italian Avvocato and a member of the Paris Bar, Sarah Barutti is Co-Head of the Employment practice at CastaldiPartners and has been practising for over fifteen years in the field of labour and European employment law. Sarah assists companies both in labour law litigation and in the management of employee relations issues, providing advice and training in both Italy and France, with a focus on international issues and D&I projects, including Unipdr 125 certifications.
Before joining CastaldiPartners, Sarah Barutti worked in law firms specializing in labour law, assisting large groups and SMEs. Drawing on her international professional specialization and international academic background, including traineeships in Bordeaux, Seville and Brussels, she advises on issues related to the international mobility and secondment. She collaborates with CastaldiPartners’ Corporate & Commercial and M&A work groups as regards the labour aspects of transactions. Her working languages are Italian, French, English and Spanish.
- Advised an Italian multinational company on obtaining Unipdr 125 certification and on its worldwide D&I plan.
- Advised a number of French groups on labour issues in connection with acquisitions in Italy, particularly in the logistics, pharma, food, industrial and construction sectors.
- Advised a multinational medical device manufacturer on the restructuring of its French subsidiary.
- Defended an Italian company in the construction sector in connection with a French labour dispute concerning unfair competition.
- Advised a French energy group on the posting of employees to African countries.
- Advised several companies in connection with the hiring of French employees under the smart working regime.
- Advised a Greek group on the internalisation of the Italian subsidiary's food & beverage service.
- Advised a French group in the IT sector on the management of a collective procedure in its Italian subsidiaries.
- Speaker at several seminars and conferences on dismissal, employment relationship management and international worker mobility organized by Universities, professional associations and training companies.
- Participation in research projects and groups, including with foreign universities and research bodies, on the cross-border posting of workers, social rights and freedom to provide services.
- Author of several publications on labour law and European social law.
- Sarah collaborates with the Chair of Labour Law and European Labour Law of the Università di Ferrara and she is contract lecturer at the course on Legal Clinics.
- Università di Ferrara, 2011-2013, postdoctoral researcher in Labour Law.
- Università di Ferrara, Universidad del País Vasco and Université catholique de Louvain, 2011, PhD in EU law and comparative labour law and Doctor Europaeus.
- Università di Ferrara, 2005, Degree in Law