Avocat at the Paris Bar since 2014, Florence Houisse is an associate of the Kern & Weyl law firm and Consultant to CastaldiPartners within the framework of the Intellectual Property Alliance. Florence Houisse assists French and foreign companies, both as a counsel and as a litigator, in Intellectual Property Law (copyrights, trademarks, designs and models, patents) as well as in unfair and parasitic competition.
Graduating in both Franco-American Intellectual Property Law, Florence Houisse advises French and International companies in the protection and the defence of their intellectual property rights, particularly focusing on luxury and fashion sectors and on video games industry. More specifically, Florence Houisse assists Intellectual Property rights owners on infringement actions. She helps IP rights owners to establish and collect evidence of infringement and represents them in IP infringement claims to obtain damages and prohibitive measures.
Florence Houisse is also involved in anti-counterfeiting and assists IP rights owners on customs detention procedures and works in cooperation with local authorities (customs, police). She is a member of APRAM (Association des Praticiens du Droit des Marques et des Modèles). She works in French and English.
- Defending an important fashion US brand in the course of its anti-counterfeiting program in France.
- Successfully fighting against domain names cybersquatters and false copycat websites for clients in the fashion industry before the AFNIC and the WIPO.
- Defending a French trademark owner operating in the wine and spirits sector in Case C-622/18 before the Court of Justice in Luxembourg.
- Assisting a major French company in the automobile field in a court action against another European company regarding the imitation of a famous trademark.
- Advising a very successful Spanish brand of the fashion industry in the course of an anti-counterfeiting program, filing action for designs and copyright infringement.
- Defending an Italian company of the textile industry, in a copyright infringement action related to the sale of a specific lace.
- Defending a French company in the course of a patent and unfair competition litigation in the field of dry ecological toilets.
- Assisting a US global leading developer and manufacturer of pre-hospital medical gear for the tactical and civilian world in its fight against counterfeit products.
- Assisting video games studios in the pre-production, production, publishing and distribution of video games.
- Assisting video games studios in negotiating and drafting adaptation rights assignment agreement.
- « The scope of application of the Council Regulation (EC) n°1383/2003", a thesis dealing with anti-counterfeiting and customs actions.
- New-York University, Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, 2014.
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Droit de la propriété littéraire, artistique et industrielle, 2011.