The CastaldiPartners and Kern&Weyl Alliance originates in a desire to better respond to the need to better protect, enhance and defend the intangible assets of enterprises. Our team of IP lawyers, consisting of French, English and Italian professionals, works to protect trademarks and distinctive signs, designs and models, copyright and know-how, and protection from unfair competition.
We provide our clients with strategic advice in areas covering the management of brand portfolios, the preparation of contracts and due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions. In contentious matters, the lawyers of our IP team appear before the specialized sections of the French, English and Italian courts and at the Office of the European Union for Intellectual Property (EUIPO), the EU Court of First Instance. and the EU Court of Justice (ECJ), as well as in connection with anti-counterfeiting operations in coordination with customs authorities.
Members of our Alliance team are recommended by Legal 500 and Décideurs.
- Assistance of a US fashion group in relation to sales of counterfeit products among others on internet.
- Advising an Italian fashion house leader in the menswear for the IP protection.
- Advising a French luxury fashion house on the way to improve anti-counterfeiting strategies.
- Assisting a major French company in the automotive field in a court action against another European company regarding the imitation of a famous trademark.
- Assistance of an Italian company in the pharmaceutical field in the course of pre-litigation demands concerning the use of trademarks and other names in France.
- Filing action in the name of a famous French company in the field of luxury swimsuits and underwear to obtain the cancellation for non-use of a French trademark.
- Assisting a hotel chain in its development in China for the drafting of franchising and management agreements.
- Assisting a French company in the field of payment quiosks and digital solutions in the negociation and purchase of trademarks.
- Managing the French trademark portfolio of a major Spanish winery.
- Management the trademark portfolio of a French company in the fragrances sector.
- Representing a Swiss company acting in the field of childcare in the course of a patent infringement action.
- Representing an Italian company in the industrial sector in the course of a patent infringement action.
- Representing a Finnish company in a case for patent infringement.
- Defending a French industry company in the course of a patent and unfair competition litigation.
- Assisting video games studios in the pre-production and production (assignement of copyright, game graphic design and narrative contents, video game sound effects and OST).