Avvocato in Rome, Federica Iorio mainly works in Milan. She is a member of CastaldiPartners' Arbitration and Litigation & Mediation work groups. She participates in Competition Law & EU activity also at our office in Brussels.
Before joining CastaldiPartners, Federica trained in the department of Litigation & Arbitration of BonelliErede. Thanks to her dual university education in Italy and France and her specialist training in European law, Federica Iorio has a specific aptitude and competence for international issues and European law. She works mainly as a litigator, before Italian and European courts and in arbitration. Her working languages are English, French and Italian.
- Defending a Slovakian insurance group in relation to a railway accident involving various proceedings in Italy, Austria and Slovakia.
- Defending an Italian construction group in arbitration before the Chamber of Arbitration in Milan.
- Defending an Italian oil & gas infrastructure company in litigation before the Italian and French courts.
- Defending an Italian defence company in an arbitration procedure in Geneva.
- Assisting a leading Italian logistics and transport group in litigation before a US court.
- Lead internal training on distribution and competition law for a multinational manufacturing company.
- Defending a number of Italian renewable energy companies in investment arbitrations against a State.
- Lead the competitive aspects of the Italian distribution contracts of a multinational group.
- Advised a major banking institution on the anti-competitive aspects of the merchant fee.
- Annual conference of the Arbitration and Mediation Centre of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus, 7 November 2017, speaker on International Arbitration and Security for Costs. https://cyprusarbitration.org.cy/seminar-update-particular-problems-in-international-arbitration-downloads/
- Conference State Aid, National Tax Policies and the Future of European Integration in Digital Markets: the 2016 'Apple Decision' and beyond, Dublin Science Gallery, 14 June 2017, speaker https://dublin.sciencegallery.com/events/2017/06/irelandandappledecision
- V. Dardano and F. Iorio, Commission v. World Duty Free SA & Others – Another Treat to Member States' Fiscal Competences?, Hiberinina Law Journal, Vol. 16, (2017).
- F. Iorio, How EU's Commercial Policy Promotes Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection in Developing Countries: A Focus on the Chapter on Trade and Sustainable Development of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement, Journal on Contemporary Issues of Law, Volume 2(6), (2016).
- Prof. L.G. Radicati di Brozolo and F. Iorio, Investment Protection Agreements Between the EU and Non-Member States (EU), in L. Mistelis, L. Shore (Eds.), World Arbitration Reporter (WAR) - Second Edition J.
- College of Europe.
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas.
- Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza.