European Union law, and in particular competition law and internal market issues, are of great importance for our clients. European Union law is also the common denominator of all our lawyers, even when they have different professional backgrounds.
Our presence in Brussels, a fundamental viewpoint from which to follow the evolution of European Union law, is a necessity and gives us a strategic competitive advantage.
Over time, we have advised companies and public entities on contentious and non contentious matters in relation to agreements that restrict competition, abuse of a dominant position and free movement of goods and services in the internal market. We regularly represent clients before the General Court and the Court of Justice in relation to such matters.
We also advise on issues related to state aid and we represent our clients before the national courts in connection with related compensation claims.
- Advising in the pre-litigation and litigation phases related to the so called "Cement cartel" which involved several companies from different member states.
- Advising during the litigation phase before the European courts in relation to the so called "Carton board cartel".
- Representing clients before the General Court in cases concerning agreements among companies operating in the manufacturing and sale of bathroom accessories.
- Representing clients before the General Court and the Court of Justice in relation to the decision concerning state aid granted to companies based in Venice and surrounding areas.
- Advising on issues related to the recognition of qualifications and the provision of certain professional services in the internal market.