Lawyer at the Venice bar, Fabio Moretti has been General counsel of major companies and multinationals for about 25 years. Over the years, he has gained experience and expertise in the field of IP and negotiation of complex contracts, especially in the luxury and fashion sectors and in the world of art. He is president of the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia and of the National Conference of Presidents of the Academies. He is secretary general of the Venice Chamber of Arbitration and a member of its Board of Directors.
After having been General Counsel for fashion groups, he was Associate General Counsel Europe Middle East and Africa for IBM. He then went on to work as a free-lance lawyer assisting also very important fashion and luxury brands in international matters. He is a member of the executive committee and head of the national committees of the Union International des Avocats, where he founded and coordinated the international fashion law commission.
- Assisting a leading global fashion brand in complex negotiations and successfully settled numerous famous Intellectual Property disputes worldwide.
- Assisting a leading fashion brand in its dealings with major US social media operators.
- Successfully assisting a major fashion brand in a complex arbitration with a licensee.
- Successfully assisting a leading fashion brand in a complex negotiation to set up a joint venture in India.
- Assisting an innovative fashion brand in an insolvency procedure.
- Assisting a leading fashion brand in restructuring its licence agreements.
- Assisted a historic fashion brand in setting up a foundation and managing its historical archive.
- Assisting an innovative start-up in the field of anti-counterfeiting technology in the art sector.
- Assisting a leading English university in matters relating to the recognition of degrees in Italy.
- Assisting a leading Italian university in the negotiation and conclusion of a partnership agreement with a leading European university.
- Advising a leading Italian university in sensitive Intellectual Property matters.
- Assisting a leading Italian company in the hotel industry in matters relating to relations with Middle Eastern partners.
- Assisting an Italian subsidiary of a German group in the railway sector in the negotiation and conclusion of a contract with a Japanese group for the supply of railway carriers.
- He participates in international and national conferences, round tables and forums as a speaker, moderator and organiser on Fashion Law, Art, Arbitration and IT.
- He is the author of articles on various topics, of an essay on licensing contracts in the fashion industry and co-author of a text on fashion law.
- He has taught at various institutions, including the Masters in Fashion Law at the Università di Firenze and at the LUISS in Rome.