Claire Weyl has been a lawyer at the Paris Bar since 1999. She is a founding partner of the law firm Kern & Weyl and Consultant to CastaldiPartners within the framework of the Intellectual Property Alliance.
Claire Weyl started her career in London within British Telecommunications’ IP department, than practiced with a specialized IP lawyer at Salès Vincent et Associés, before joining the intellectual Property group of Baker & Mc Kenzie, where she has worked during more than ten years.
She advises and represents large and medium size companies in the management of their intellectual property rights (drafting legal opinions, contracts, trademark protection strategy, following trademark registration proceeding audits,…) in various fields including fashion, cosmetics, food, IT, sports, hotels, energy, automobile and the pharmaceutical industry. Claire Weyl does also represent and assist clients with judicial national and transnational disputes in the field of trademark law, designs, copyright, domain names and unfair competition and administrative Proceedings before the French Trademark Office (INPI) and EUIPO as well as European Courts (Court of First Instance, Court of Justice). She is a member of APRAM (Association des Praticiens du Droit des Marques et des Modèles). She speaks French and English.
- Assisting a major French company in the automobile field in a court action against another European company regarding the imitation of a famous trademark.
- Assisting a French luxury hotel chain in its development in China and drafting the related franchise and license agreements.
- Representing a Chinese company from the shoes sport industry in two litigations regarding trademark cancellation for non-use.
- Representing a French trademark owner operating in the wine and spirits sector in a trademark infringement litigation against a major group in the beverage industry.
- Representing a Korean company from the tobacco industry in a litigation against the French Trademark Office before the Paris Court of Appeal.
- Representing a major Chinese company from the tyre industry in a litigation regarding trademark cancellation for non-use.
- Defending a major French company in the automobile field against a famous contemporary art artist (pre litigation).
- Author of “Use of trademarks as keywords: Supreme Court requests ECJ ruling”, Globe White page: Intellectual Asset Management Magazine, January 2008.
- Author of “2004: A year of significant changes for the Community trademark”, Globe White Page, January 2004.
- CEIPI (Centre des Etudes Internationales en Propriété Intellectuelle), DESS « Accords et Propriété intellectuelle ».
- Université Robert Schuman Strasbourg.