An Italian lawyer with more than twenty years of experience in M&A, corporate and commercial law, Riccardo Gotti Tedeschi has been a partner of CastaldiPartners since 2024, and focuses on extraordinary transactions, joint ventures, negotiation of acquisition agreements, shareholders' agreements and commercial contracts. He also has significant experience in competition law, third sector issues and ESG matters.
Riccardo Gotti Tedeschi specialises in M&A and Corporate & Commercial and deals with all issues related to corporate law. Before joining CastaldiPartners, he was counsel in a firm where he started a corporate and ESG practice. Previously he worked for 17 years in two leading Italian firms, Bonelli Erede in Brussels and Milan, and Gianni & Origoni in Rome, strengthening his expertise on corporate law also through a secondment period at Merrill Lynch Bank of America.
Riccardo Gotti Tedeschi advises a diverse clientele ranging from private equity funds to large corporations, multinationals and SMEs. He works in French, English and Italian.
- Advising an American private equity fund active in the fashion sector on the acquisition of a leading Italian luxury brand.
- Assisting a German multinational company active in the pet sector in the acquisition of an Italian company leader in the production of animal feeds.
- Advising an Italian company in the sector of electronic and information systems in the civil and military field in the sale to an Italian public company.
- Advising an Italian private equity fund on the acquisition of two companies in the toy sector.
- Assisting a Veneto-based family in the sale of a company active in the electromechanical components sector.
- Assisting an Italian fashion designer in the acquisition of the shares of an Italian fashion company.
- Assisting a Dutch private equity fund in the acquisition of a leading Italian company active in the retail distribution of eyewear and glasses.
- Assisting an Indian group in the acquisition of a regional train transport company under extraordinary administration.
- Organisation and participation in various conferences, seminars on economic-legal issues.
- Member of the steering committee on sustainability of the American Chamber of Commerce in Italy.
- Member of the tax and legal technical committee of IBAN (Italian Business Angels Network).
- Gotti Tedeschi, The European Union (EU) green taxonomy: codifying sustainability to provide certainty to the markets, Environment, Development and Sustainability, 2023.
- Gotti Tedeschi, ESG: Bilancio di sostenibilità e integrated reporting (capitolo 4), IPSOA, 2022.
- Gotti Tedeschi, Efficacia dei sistemi di prevenzione e controllo infra-societari in tempi di Covid-19, in Bilancio e Revisione, no. 8-9/2020, IPSOA – Wolters Kluwer.
- Gotti Tedeschi, Debating the future of the EU, “The European Conservative” – Ottobre 2019.
- Gotti Tedeschi, Commento all’articolo 117-ter TUF, in Il Testo Unico della Finanza, UTET 2012.
- Gotti Tedeschi, Lennart Ritter, The new procedure under article 9 Regulation 1/2003: advantages and weaknesses, in Contratto e Impresa – Europa, 2005, vol.10, p. 383 – 403, CEDAM.
- Member of the steering committee of the graduate course in International Relations at the LUISS Guido Carli University in Rome.
- Lecturer at the LIUC Carlo Cattaneo University of Castellanza on sustainability issues.
- University of Michigan Law School – American Institute for Legal Education
- Pallas LL.M. in European Business Law
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano