Alessia Oddone is an Italian Avvocato and an English Solicitor. Over her more than 20-year career, she moved between private practice and in-house legal departments in Italy, the United Kingdom and Switzerland, always working in international and multicultural environments.
In 1993 Alessia Oddone started out her career in Italy with a law firm specialised in international commercial law. In 2000 she moved to the United Kingdom, where she qualified as a solicitor. First she worked with a law firm and then in-house, acquiring a significant experience in the areas of manufacturing and sale of industrial and consumer goods. During her activity as in-house lawyer, Alessia Oddone was in charge of legal departments, managed teams and created legal processes, risk monitoring systems and compliance programs, contributing to the strategic direction of the business.
In CastaldiPartners, Alessia assists her clients in relation to international legal affairs and international compliance. She holds the CIPP/E certification with the International Association of Privacy Professionals and works as a member of Italian Supervisory Boards (Organismi di Vigilanza). She is bilingual Italian and English, and has a good knowledge of French and Spanish.
- Creation and implementation of national and transnational compliance privacy programs and advising on data protection matters.
- Creation and implementation of records management programs.
- Evaluation and minimization of legal risks through the creation and implementation of compliance programmes, corporate governance, corporate procedures, corrective measures and training plans. Particular focus on anti-corruption matters, export control and sanctions, anti-money laundering, privacy and the Italian Law No. 231.
- Assisting clients in relation to the drafting of Organisational Models pursuant to Italian Law 231.
- Member (Chairman) of the Supervisory Boards (Organismo di Vigilanza) of companies in the fashion sector.
- Creation and implementation of antitrust compliance programs in the EMEA region, with particular focus on exclusive and selective distribution, sale agreements and staff training.
- Legal support to the direct sale of consumer goods in a multi-channel sales environment (stores, shop-in-shop and e-commerce), with a particular focus on international retail expansion.
- Advice on product safety and product liability matters; creation of a product liability claims management programme and supervision of a claim handling team; legal management of product safety issues; maintenance of the relations with surveillance authorities.
- Advice on consumer law issues and supervision of the legal activities of a consumer support team.
- Advice on a variety of business matters, including antitrust, marketing, advertising, sales, purchasing, intellectual property, privacy, e-commerce and social media.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating international commercial contracts including, among others, distribution, sales, purchasing, services, manufacturing, collaboration, research and development.
- Alessia regularly undertakes teaching and speaking engagements on topics related to international legal affairs and international compliance.
- University of London, UK.
- Università di Genova, Italy.