We have significant experience in helping clients develop strategies that allow the early detection of emerging corporate crises. We advise clients that intend to acquire business assets from vendors subject to insolvency procedures, including where such assets are sold also through competitive tender procedures managed by administrators.
We work with teams of multidisciplinary professionals in connection with the employment, tax and antitrust, as well as the business and financial, aspects of transactions, being able to draw on a high-level professional network.
We assist clients involved in insolvency procedures in relation to debt collection and set off claims, claw back actions and liability claims brought by the administrators against directors or shareholders.
We have unique expertise in relation to Franco-Italian insolvency situations, concerning both the insolvency of foreign subsidiaries and the insolvency procedures of companies with assets and subsidiaries in both countries.
- Advised an Italian client in administration in connection with pending proceedings in France relating to the implementation of infrastructure contracts.
- Advised the administrators of an Italian group on the transfer of the shareholding of a French subsidiary.
- Advised an Italian group specializing in foundations and building works on the purchase of a business branch from a French liquidation procedure.
- Advised a French industrial group in connection with the purchase of patent rights from an Italian company in administration.
- Advised an Italian transport and logistics group in relation to a dispute with a French service provider subject to an insolvency procedure.
- Advised the former Italian directors of a French company in liquidation on a damage claim brought by the liquidators.
- Advised a multinational group in the automotive components sector in connection with the termination of commercial relations with a French supplier subject to an insolvency procedure.
- Advised an Italian group in the construction sector on the commencement of an insolvency procedure concerning its French subsidiary.
- Advised an Italian cooperative group in connection with debt restructuring and the transfer of control of a French company subject to an insolvency procedure.
- Advised a French administrator in connection with the commencement of secondary insolvency proceedings in Italy.
- Advised a Japanese multinational company in connection with the acquisition of an Italian group in the industrial valves sector in administration.
- Advised a French investor in relation to the leasing, and subsequent acquisition, of an Italian steel company in administration.